Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2002 expedition. It started off as just a tire whining

Customer Question

I have a 2002 expedition. It started off as just a tire whining sound that happened over 50mph. It went away for about a week, but since coming back I now have what feels like tire shaking, but only when I turn the wheel right to go around a curve. If i then go around a left curve, the shaking and noise stops. Then about 5 days ago I was turning right out of a parking lot wheny steering wheel started vibrating and a sudden buzzing noise could be heard, seemingly coming frI'm my steering wheel. As soon as I straightened my wheel the sound and vibration stopped. Then today the shaking and vibration started as soon as I got about 30mph and did not atop until I stopped and made a right turn
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not sure. Would like to try.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: That buzzing sound happened again today as well. The shaking g had stopped and I was going fr a stop into a right turn and it started buzzing along with the vibration.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 5 months ago.
have you checked the wheel bearing for play?