A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I have no air coming out of the vents on my dash of a 2001

Customer Question

I have no air coming out of the vents on my dash of a 2001 R
anger
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have AC and Heat but not from the dash the ac comes out the duct that leads to the side windows the heat comes from under the dash
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if i can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just checking the Air door Actuator it seen to be working good
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I don't know what he will want to know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 6 months ago.
This problem is caused by a vacuum leak. Check under the hood for this black vacuum lines starting from the engine and going to the passenger side inner fenderwell then to the AC evaporator case. Make sure the lines are fully connected and are not broken or eaten by rodents like squirrels. Do this check first and please let me know what you find.