Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My Ford 2005 Ford Escape does not accept standard gas

Customer Question

My Ford 2005 Ford Escape does not accept standard gas station pump. It requires I hold the pump in a certain position to enable gas to flow into the tank. It often shuts down multiple times per filling. What is the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Escape.Have you had a repair shop look at this concern yet?Has this Escape been in an accident?Are you wanting to fix this yourself?