James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

It's a 2004 f250 6.0. The truck was in park and when I press

Customer Question

It's a 2004 f250 6.0. The truck was in park and when I press the gas the truck turned off. When I tried to restarted it would not turn on. But it does turn over and the pump does work
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't had chance to tried anything
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No that's it so far
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Hello, what pump is working? If you remove the top fuel filter housing is it full? Do you have a way to test for codes?
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Hello, can I still assist you?