James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

The injector will not open on my 2007 Taurus code said fuel

Customer Question

the injector will not open on my 2007 Taurus code said fuel rail pressure changed it fuel filter changed it turns over no fuel injectors will not open
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the injectors are not firing or opening
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: change the filter change the fuel rail sensor check fuel pump still nothing
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what sensor opens and closes the injectors
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Hello, the camshaft sensor is responsible for firing the injectors.
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Hello, can I still offer you assistance. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. Also please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.