CHRIS ZAPANTIS
CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
Experience:  AUTO TECH at G&M EXXON
83135375

2010 ford expedition limited. Can't find location of air suspension

Customer Question

2010 ford expedition limited. Can't find location of air suspension relay
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: 2010 ford expedition
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: limitd limited
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: air suspension failed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is supposed to be near the air compressor, but I cannot find it anywhere. Videos and other information on line seems to show older cars, not a 2010. The compressor is fairly easy access behind the passenger side headlight. But the problem seems to be intermittent which may indicate the relay, but I can't find it on this vehicle.
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 8 months ago.
Hello Im chris and i will assist you
Its on the fuse box under the hood theres two big relays there. Its the one in the corner at the end of the box
If you have no further questions please rate me so I cab get credit for my time.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So if I tap on that and compressor no worky. What's next?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I pulled the the relay and tested it with a meter. It is working. So either the compressor is completely dead, or the level sensor is not telling the compressor to start?
Can you scan it? Most of the times in these things people have leaks and the compressor works like crazy until it burns up.