Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Only running on left side of engine have codes po273 p1277

Customer Question

only running on left side of engine have codes po273 p1277 and p1275 if you pull connectors off of right side valve covers engine stil runs the same
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 238000 miles starts hard runs rough an no power only running on the drivers side 4 cylinders
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked continuity from injectors to bulk head on drivers side wheel well and pulled codes po273 ,p1277,p1275 and replaced cam position sensor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: was running fine put a belt tensioner and a a c compressor eliminator bearing on it then next day started running rough
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 6 months ago.
Hello I Chris and I will assist you.
you dont have any p0300 codes?
Im going to need specs on your car all i can see is that its a ford.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
97 f250 7.3 tubo diesel 2wd over 8500 gvw
Ok gimme a minute
Ok like i thought the first thing you have to do is replace the harness under your valve cover on that side and the valve cover gasket itself.
hopefully it didnt take out the IDM. You will know if it still has a miss.
did i lose you?