Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My nephew was driving his 29 Ford roadster (street rod) after

Customer Question

My nephew was driving his 29 Ford roadster (street rod) after many years of not being used. At low speed from start to 25mph, the car handled fine. He took it up to approx. 35 mph and the car violently pulled to the right with no brake or accelerator action on his part. He pulled the car to the left and it started going right again. Ended up crashing to the side of the road, luckily with no serious damage to he or the car. Drove the car home at 10 mph and had no problems. He had driven the car previously after coming out of storage but never above 20 mph. Before driving the car, we pulled all of the brakes and inspected the car for any problems. A visual inspection after the crash showed the right tire toed out about an inch more than the left, the left being almost straight.
Category: Ford
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 5 months ago.
Helllo Im Chris and I will assist you.
A pull like that sounds like a tire pull especially because its been sitting switch the two fron tires see if the pull switches.