James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2006 ford f250 with intermittent dashboard and windows.

Customer Question

I have a 2006 ford f250 with intermittent dashboard and windows. I am loosing my ground at the delay relay. If I ground the neg of the relay coil it works. Slapping the dals gently makes things go on and off. Is the ground in the instrument cluster or is their a module or something for the acc delay
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Slapping the top of the dashboard seems to make it come on and off. Not sure what controls the ground side of the relay. On the coil side
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
Hello, This happens from time to time on this vehicle. The last two I repaired was by replacing the Instrument cluster. The ground driver inside the instrument cluster is what fails and that is why slapping the dash Board can make it work from time to time.