Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F250 dirsel: oil in waterbottle no water in o

Customer Question

oil in waterbottle for radiator no water in oil
Category: Ford
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 6 months ago.
Are you noticing much of an oil level drop on the engine oil dipstick?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist do you still need help Roy
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
6.0 or 7.3???
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that's fine will do it on line
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
6.0 or 7.3???
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do it on line
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry, do what on line??? what engine for the third time??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
water in radiator bottle no water oil
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry I cannot help without you answering my questions. good luck
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I thought you had the imforation
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
I would not be asking if I had it for the last time what engine?????????
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
6.0 diesel 2003
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** what I was looking for let me get some info on that motor Roy
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
ok, the most common cause of this is the oil cooler that has failed and allows oil into the coolant. it is part of the oil filter housing. I will attach a picture for you as well as the procedure.please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy Roy Oil Cooler Removal Remove the intake manifold. Remove the bolts and the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) cooler supply port cover.Clean and inspect the gasket. Replace if necessary.Clean and inspect the sealing surfaces. Remove the bolts and the oil filter base.Clean and inspect the gasket. Replace if necessary.Clean and inspect the sealing surfaces. NOTE: The oil cooler is installed as an assembly.Remove the bolts and the oil cooler assembly.Clean and inspect the gasket. Replace if necessary.Clean and inspect the sealing surfaces. Remove the oil pump inlet strainer.Clean and inspect the strainer for tears or other signs of damage.Installation Install the oil pump inlet strainer. Install the gasket in the oil cooler assembly cover. Install the oil cooler assembly and the bolts. Install the gasket in the oil filter base. Install the oil filter base and the bolts. Install the seal on the EGR cooler coolant supply port cover. Install the EGR cooler coolant supply port cover and the bolts.Install the intake manifold.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do I need to replace the oil cooler
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
without me being there to confirm, that is my suggestion. it is the most common failure for this issue. Roy
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know if the oil cooler is the problem as of yet
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
ok
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
ok, you asked us for our advice and based on our experience and years in the field, we have given you that information. Roy please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I am a different tech than the both that have attempted to help prior. I see your questioning if the oil cooler is to blame. How long have you owned this vehicle, current miles, and when you got it?How much oil was in the coolant degas bottle?Was the color brownish or reddish?Have you checked to see if the transmission oil is contaminated with coolant from a faulty trans cooler inside the radiator?Were you flushing the coolant to resolve an issue or because you noticed the oil?If you can answer each of these, I can help you get this figured out.Thanks Chris.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what is causing oil in radiator bottle no water in oil
Thanks for replying. Can you respond to all 5 questions I posted prior in the previous post?Chris
I am back online for the rest of the evening. When your ready we can get to fixing this issue.