Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Changed the throttle body on my Ford V10 and it still won't

Customer Question

Changed the throttle body on my Ford V10 and it still won't run
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: MO
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: My 2008 F250 V10 shut down while driving on the interstate , the oil pressure warning light came on and the engine quit running. A Ford tech put a diagnostic check on it and it showed the only thing wrong was the throttle body. I changed it out and it still won't run
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Ford Mechanic to figure that out. Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Did you get the codes before you replaced the throttle body?Did you check the codes since you changed the throttle body?If so what were they before and after?Was any diagnostics done before replacing the throttle body or did you guys just check a code and replace a part based on the code that came up?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It was hooked up to a diagnostic computer at a Ford dealership and I was told that nothing showed bad but the throttle body