Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford Focus: I just replaced my sparks and wires on my 2003

Customer Question

I just replaced my sparks and wires on my 2003 Ford Focus and now the engine light has come on so I went to get it checked out and they advised me it could be my coolant sensor fuse? My car engine sounds like a airplane ready for take off.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.There is no such thing as a coolant sensor fuse... did they tell you what code came up?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
coolant sensor and the engine light just came on after I replaced the sparks and plugs.
They wouldnt tell you what the code was?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's all he said from the code that came up then the engine light was turned off. But the engine light came on this morning and my car has this high pitched sound along with the lights half way dimmed on my dash board. I was told that I would have to get someone to pull out my dash board to install a sensor to that too.
Good thing you are here paying for advice from a mechanic. Whoever is feeding you this stuff clearly has no clue how a car works or is trying to scam you. It sounds to me like your alternator is making noise.. I would start by getting your charging system tested and ASK FOR A PRINTOUT of the results and let me know exactly what they say.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just replaced my alternator a few months ago during the winter it has been doing fine and the car was running smoothly till the engine light came on this week.
Alternators generally do work fine until they dont.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do need a oil change could that be part of the problem?
No
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What about the cylinder head temp could that be the problem?
Whats the temperature? If the head is overheating it could be doing bearing damage that could make a loud squeal.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The temp hasn't been running hot.
Then I doubt the cylinder head temperature comes in to play here.