Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I replaced the Batterys and the alt. my 2004 6.0 moter goes

Customer Question

I replaced the Batterys and the alt. my 2004 6.0 moter goes dead and will not run after a short time,,alt is chargeing i guess it is not getting to the battery ?????
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: battery light is on not chargeing the batterys
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: new batterys and new alt
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: 6.0 moter
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.
Hello, when the vehicle is running is the battery light on?