Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

2002 focus 2.0 l need vacuum diagram JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

2002 focus 2.0 l need vacuum diagram
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I mixed up vacuum hoses need diagram
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: do you have vacuum diagram ?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: are you going to answer my question
JA: No. I'm the Ford Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: so do you have a vacuum diagram focus 2.0 l
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.
HI,I need to get the 8th digit of the vin number to pull the correct ones
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
3
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
did you find
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
where do I get my answer
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.
HI, this is what I show - see attached Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is a vacuum hose on the fuel rail where does this hose go there is 3 vacuum lines behind the throttle body housing
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.
Hi, the one on the fuel rail should go to the intake where I have it circled in the attached The attachments I sent are all I have available
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there is only 3 hole on the intake manifold you show 5 holes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
do you have answer for last question
Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.
This has only 3 connections,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
again there is 3 hole behind the throttle body and your picture shows only 2 holes now picture is wrong again i checked
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is a direct line from the fuel rail to the back of the throttle body no split-er on line
Expert:  A. Penland replied 11 months ago.
Can I have the complete VIN#
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
3FAFP31362R174759
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2002 Ford Focus zx3 dohc 2.0 l
How many loose vacuum lines do you have for that area?I am showing three lines.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you send diagram of the 3 lines
Ford does not have good pictures of the vacuum lines. I found this picture in the shop manual, but it is not that helpful. Trying to locate one in my dealerships shop right now. Did you replace the engine or intake on this engine?
see below.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
intake
Having trouble actually locating a good diagram and also one in the shop. They are 14 years old and we do not see them that often. Do you have 3 vacuum lines near the back of the intake laying loose?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes 3 vacuum line loose
You can connect them to any port there. The line from the drivers side connects to the left side and the two from the passenger side connect to the right like the picture I sent. They all go to the intake for manifold vacuum.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you can not just connect them where you want each 1 has to be connected in the right place this is crazy 3 tech and i get different answers does any body a real ford guy
Do you have one from the left and 2 coming from the right side of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes and 3 holes on mafifold
Then connect the vacuum line from the left side of the vehicle to the left vacuum port and the two lines from the right to the center and right vacuum ports. The three vacuum ports go to the center intake runner. These are all open to the same port and are open to each other in the intake manifold. They are only engine vacuum from the intake. As long as the vacuum line fits snug on the port.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This picture is not the same as my intake manifold I do not know where you got this intake but they are not the same This problem with you and your friends has been going on for more than 24 hr and i do not think you have given me the right information as the intake manifolds are different I am going to bed you guys gave me a headache
Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.
Here are all 3 vacuum diagrams. You will have to get the "catch code".