Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

There is power to starter and starter in work but don"t know

Customer Question

There is power to starter and starter in work but don"t know what it is at all!!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Check the starter and work ,but turn key to stared it up it won't start !/
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check ALl fuse but there are good !
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Working on 2008 Ford escape 4x4 think it might be electrical problem!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Is the starter not engaging with the key at all or is it engaging to turn over the engine but the engine is not starting? Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete