Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.

Bentley: How to disconnect the positive side power junction

Customer Question

How to disconnect the positive side power junction on a dead main battery...2007 Bentley Gt
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, i am looking over your info now to see how i can assist.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
ok so you are replacing the battery on the left side of the trunk yes?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just need to change out the dead battery. Cannot seem to get the positive side connection removed
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
ok, can you upload a picture of the post so i can see it? from what i remember it is a pinch style bolt that should be 10mm.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Trying to get photo upload it to you now
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
OK thanks give me a second.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
i circled the area i need to see better, that stud should have a nut on it to remove the block,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
I cannot do a phone chat at this time, my apologies, what has to happen is you need to remove the fuse block above the battery, then remove the power junction block and partially remove the paneling to be able to remove the battery, i am trying to get a good picture for you of the process.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did u leave m
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
No i did not i was trying to get you some better info, i will opt out and see if another expert can assist better, my apologies.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do you still need assistance with removal of the battery and replacing? please let me know and we can have a phone call discussion on this!! thanks