Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

Ranger: 01 ranger no fwd and no rev. no fluid flow, no fluid

Customer Question

01 ranger no fwd and no rev. no fluid flow, no fluid pressure, hear a slight wine or buzz from starving pump....it has just been rebuilt with brand new valve body. i inspected fwd sprag and its good, the input shaft is good, but yet it just wont pick up fluid from pan (it seems) bc it will only hold 4 qts. and i know that it should hold close to 10 qts. i took the cooler lines loose and started and there was not even a drop come out. what would cause it not to pick the fluid up.. its 2wd with 2wd filter. thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Was this the original concern before the overhaul?

Were there any issues when installing the transmission,like getting the converter to line up properly or did it drop right in?

When the transmission was bolted up was the converter free to move in the flywheel before you installed the converter nuts?

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 7 months ago.

Any update?

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Thanks,

Kenny Z