Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford EXPLORER XLT: 2016 FORD Explorer XLT interior lights not

Customer Question

2016 FORD Explorer XLT interior lights not working
Front puddle Lights work Manual Override, on with opening door or pressing key fob
Vanity Mirror Lights not working
Glove box light switched disconnected waiting to get part from dealer
(bad bulb, replaced bulb ended up damaging the contact pins with trying to get the bulb in.
Dome lights in 2nd & 3rd row not working (no manual turn on, no master turn on from driver.
2016 Explorer manual does not list interior lights in the fuse section. Please identify to find the fuse location and number
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Is there more about this vehicle than I currently know. I am wondering why your wanting to do the diag and repairs on a warranty vehicle?Has it been totaled and rebuilt?This info will help in diagnosing this information if there are other factors to blame.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is not a sufficient answer. It's brand new vehicle . Most dealerships don't employ an expierence tech.. a kid straight out of an ASE program that just looks at a book the dealrship is often busy and I constantly get into an argument for answers that involve it's more than likely because of this or I think it that . ive already diagnosed the issue
Ford dealer techs like myself have to go to Ford training schools and take hundreds of online courses prior to being able to make warranty repairs. ASE means nothing to Ford. I am Ford senior master certified and have never taken an ASE course or program. OKay so you want to diagnose and fix the vehicle yourself. Just a heads up, doing so can void the vehicles warranty. Fuse 12 in the BCM is the power for the overhead lights which come on when the doors are opened. With the key on and doors opened and closed does the door ajar warning respond correct?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No fuse 12 corresponded to the 2015 explorer
It's fuse no 1 on the interior fuse panel "Demand lights
Since my diagrams from Ford for some reason do not match your vehicle then i will opt out and see if another can help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have the same access to the ford system with the tech bulletins as you do. I also have a 2015 explorer which would be fuse 4 and 12. Since it's a 2016 the database hasn't fully integrated the specs. No point of getting another to help already fixed and diagnosed.