Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Does low voltage ficm affect hpop pressure on 2004 excursion

Customer Question

does low voltage ficm affect hpop pressure on 2004 excursion 6.0
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I HAVE A NO START WHEN HOT. ONLY GETTING 2-300 PSI WHEN STARTING WARM ENGINE....HAS 3800 PSI AT WOT TEST DRIVE WHEN COLD, BUT ONLY 15-1600 PSI AT WOT HOT. VOLTAGE AT FIMC IS 47.5-48 IDLE BUT DROPS TO 30ISH AT WOT
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.
Hi Ronald, My name is***** will be glad to help. Adapt shop air into the ICP port and listen for leaks. If effected by temperature and all parts are new I have a feeling you likely have a leak that is more prominent when the engine is hot and things have expanded from heat. Try starting it with the ICP sensor unplugged when this happens to put the PCM in default status and see if it will start at the same time confirming pressure through that port with a 5000PSI gauge. Let me know
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I ACTUALLY REMOVED TRANS, VALVE COVERS AND REAR ENGINE COVER ( VISUAL OF PUMP AND BRANCH TUBE) ADAPTED SMALL HYD. PUMP TO ICP SENSOR HOLE AND APPLIED HYD PRESSURE TO RAIL. ( HAVE OLD IPC SOLENOID WITH WELDED HOLES FOR PLUG TO PRESSURIZE SYSTEM. DONT SEE ANY VISUAL LEAKS. ALSO HAVE PRESSURE TESTED WITH SHOP AIR AND SOAP. I FEEL I HAVE A HIGH PRESSURE LEAK, BUT WAS WONDERING DOES LOW VOLTAGE AFFECT HIGH PRESSURE IN ANY WAY OR IS THIS ANOTHER ISSUE BY ITSELF
The only component that electronically and physically controls ICP pressure is the IPR and its voltage signal which varies depending on the demand.
Click on this link Ronald. They call this file the 6.0 Bible. I am sure it will answer a lot of your troubleshooting questions.6.0 Bible
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK DAN. I HAVE REPLACE ALL 4 INJECTORS ON LEFT SIDE OF ENGINE- NOW AT WOT ICP IS ALMOST MATCHING REQUESTED PSI VALUE. IM THINKING ABOUT REPLACING OTHER 4 INJECTORS. STILL HAS NO START WHEN HOT, BUT DRIVING PRESSURE HAS INCREASED DRAMATICALLY
Thanks for the update. It is likely the injectors are mechanically worn to the point it is creating your issues. I agree with your next step.