john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field
6149662

Edge SEL AWD: 2010 Edge 3.5 V6 once in a while (maybe 6 times

Customer Question

2010 Edge 3.5 V6 once in a while (maybe 6 times since new) when turning ignition to start, starter spins rapidly, engine does not start. Cycle key off and back to start and will start normally. No check engine light.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 7 months ago.
Hello, how many miles are on this Edge? Is it the original starter? Does it have a good battery?
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 6 months ago.
that's all the symptoms of a failing starter...I would replace the starter
Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you