HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Ford: did you read my intro? did you. I just bought a 2008

Customer Question

did you read my intro? did you.
I just bought a 2008 ford focus. I knew there was SOME problems. The axle was broke. I think he hit a curb. There was no outer damage. Only the fog light on the drivers side. It runs rough loss of power on the road. And it surges bad.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Hello, is the check engine light on and have you checked it for codes with a scan tool? Which engine is in this focus?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2.0 FORD FOCUS SES
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Ok, no codes stored? What prompted you to change these parts?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
DID YOU GET ALL THE INFO. CANN'T AFFORD IT SPENT TOO MUCH ALREADY. LIKE I WROTE IN THE BEGINING. IT SURGES ,ROUGH IDLE, LOSS OF POWER ON ROAD. CAN NOT STOP SURGE.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
WHY DO YOU SAY NO CODES. I TOLD YOU THE CODES. 135,141,443,403,707,2004
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
I see you replaced a bunch of parts for a surge and rough idle, Im asking if you had diagnostic trouble codes that directed you to replace these parts? Sorry, the diagnostic trouble codes you just listed are not in the question. Did all these codes clear after replacing all these parts?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NO
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Ok so you still have all these codes, engine running lean, evap system fault,egr system fault, transmission code etc? No signs of a vacuum leak? Have you tested fuel pressure?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NO. HOW DO I DO THAT
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
To test fuel pressure you would have to hook up a fuel pressure gauge. This model may not have a fuel pressure port at the fuel rail, if it does good, if not all you can do is disconnect the fuel line and cycle the key to on and see if it build and holds pressure.As far as a vacuum leak, look for any damaged vacuum lines or connections. Hissing noise. The pcv valve hose can collapse and cause a vacuum leak, inspect the hose at the valve and the intake manifold for being collapsed and sucking in air.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
CHECK FOR VACUUM LEAKS. BUT NOT THE FUEL PRESSURE.. THE INTAKE MANIFOLD COLLAPSED? WHERE TO LOOK ,OVER OR UNDER?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I MEAN I CHECKED FOR LEAKS.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
The vacuum hose for the pcv valve can collapse and suck in air from oil in the pcv system over time. Follow the pcv line from the valve back to the intake manifold. Most likely on the bottom of the intake on this model year
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok. will take a look. thank. will let you know how it goes. How do I get back with you. this is my first time using this site?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Just respond back to this question and ill get a notification. Depending on the time of the day you respond ill get bac to you asap. Im on this time of the day and few hours earlier most everyday. If you are satisfied with my help just leave a positive rating and ill get credit for assisting you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
will do thanks.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
You are welcome, let me know what you find and if you need more help
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Hello, just following up to see how you made out?