Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

I have a 2005 ford explorer JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

i have a 2005 ford explorer
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i can be driving along and all of a sudden the anti-theft light goes on and the car goes dead
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: id like to if i can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: has 200, 000 miles, runs like a charm, until this started happening this morning
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is*****'m sorry to hear about your Explorer. It can be caused by a number of things, but the most common cause is a failing ignition switch. The switch fails and loses electrical contact internally. It is very hard to diagnose if the problem is intermittent. It is much easier when the part simply fails. If it is intermittent I usually start by replacing the switch first.