Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Door ajar stay on JA: Sometimes things that you think will

Customer Question

door ajar stay on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: door ajar stay on and inside light stay on & alarm go off every time i lock the car
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: took the light out thats it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This is due to a fault with a faulty door latch position sensor that sends the signal when the door is closed or open.This causes the alarm to go off because the computers think a door is open even when it is not as well as the door ajar fault and light issue.Usually it is the drivers side door itself as the cause as this is the door that is used the most.On some models this switch/sensor is separate of the door latch and can be located on the door panel or near the latch striker all depending on the model and year.I have had to replace this before several times for this issue here.If you can post the year and model of your vehicle I can see if I can locate its location for you. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete