Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Pearl, my problem is that I am not able to shift out of

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my problem is that I am not able to shift out of the park position when the key is in egnition
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I think the interlock is not working. But if the key is in the first position I can shift into N to Start the engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Like to
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: As you can see by the writing the truck is not in the US. I am located in Germany
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 7 months ago.
Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.What is the year make and model of your vehicle?
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 6 months ago.
Hello Im Chris and I will assist you. Can you give me specs on the car year make model and engine?