Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2003 ford Taurus, was told that one of my o2 sensors is the

Customer Question

2003 ford Taurus, was told that one of my o2 sensors is the issue.. wondering how many I need to locate total on my car, I see two under the hood off the manifold and would like to see a schematic or diagram of the exhaust system. thx
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I bought the part.. now I'm trying to locate all the different locations I might have to replace. I might have to replace each one at a time to determine which one(s) are bad
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
Is this the DOHC version of the 3.0L engine? If you are unsure, I can use the 8th digit of your VIN# ***** identify (either S,U or 2)