Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer with dural A/C. What is going

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer with dural A/C. What is going on when both sides are set at same tempature and one side will blow hot air and then go back to cold air. Have I set something wrong? I have had this vehicle for 1 month and sit learning its curves.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,Your duel climate control system uses two blend door actuators to control the duel zones and the common cause for the type of problem you are having is in most cases caused by a failing blend door actuator. Can you tell me which side seems to be changing on you? Post back when you can and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the right side changes
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Okay that the common blend door actuator to fail as well and the fix in most cases is to replace the RH side actuator. I have enclosed the replacement steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/RH%20actuator.%20May%209.pdfPlease take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.Thank you again.