Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I would like my small tire shop to only focus on jobs less

Customer Question

I would like my small tire shop to only focus on jobs less than 2 hours (maintenance jobs).
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: How do or can I find a list of repairs that typically take less then 2 hours to complete.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i have some jobs in my small tire shop taking longer than the alloted time.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I need to find a list of jobs we can take on that are estimated to take less then 2 hours.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know?
Customer: I own a small tire shop that has started to do minor maintence repair work.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please send me a list of auto repair jobs that take less then 2 hours to complete.
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.
HI, You really need to purchase a labor guide book for this. Honestly, it is simply impossible for me or anyone else here to list every repair job that takes less than 2 hours for every year, make, model, engine size and transmission configuration. It would take literally weeks to research each job for every vehicle on the road and then type up a list. You cannot go by just a basic engine size to figure it out. For example, on certain year Civics with 4cyl engine, a crank sensor is only 8/10ths of an hour to replace and on 4cyl Civics, they are 4.5 hours. A rotor on a Civic is 1 hour labor and the rotor on a 98 Accord is almost 3 hours. There simply is no list that would be all inclusive. Not even oil changes. there are some lambos and ferraris that require dropping the engine to change the oil. So again, you need to invest in a labor guide book to determine whether a certain job on a certain year, make, model, engine and transmission is under 2hours or not Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.