Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.

I am getting a code p0193 on my 2005 freestyle. The car also

Customer Question

I am getting a code p0193 on my 2005 freestyle. The car also stalled out and sometimes hesitates when driving on the highway
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: I was going uphill
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a check engine light and was told that the problem could possibly be high fuel pressure on the fuel rail sensor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't done anything just yet. I wanted tofirst consult with somebody about the problem.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: It has 121,000 miles and I have had extensive work done on it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
Hello a p0193 has to do with the fuel pressure sensor. this is a very common issue and replacing the fuel pressure sensor usually fixes the issue. the sensor is located on the fuel rail, here are the instructions , Lou P. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.