Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist

I have a 2011 f350 6.7 both headlights stopped working, no

Customer Question

I have a 2011 f350 6.7 both headlights stopped working, no Lo or high beam. I don't see the headlight switch listed in the fuze list mabey its called something else. Fuses for Lo, hi beam and fog light switch checked good
JA: Working headlights are essential for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Sure if it's something simple
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuzes, but I don't see the head light switch listed.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: the light are always on when I drive, 44,000 miles so far. It seems unlikely that both lights would fail at the same time so I suspect headlamp switch or fuze.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

You lost either the steering column control module or the body control module. More than likely the body control module. To verify which one an advanced scan tool which can access and read pid data from both of these modules will be needed. Not to say you need to "take it to the dealer" but in this case you will be hard pressed to find an independent that will have the correct scanner, not to mention both of these modules will require programming and configuration with a dealer level scan tool to replace. Neither module is plug and play.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Kenny Z