Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

F-150: i have a 92 f150 with the 300ci L6. after the engine

Customer Question

i have a 92 f150 with the 300ci L6. after the engine has been running for about 30-45 minutes it starts losing power then dies what could this be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order for the engine to start and stay running you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure (45 to 60 PSI) . In order to determine what is causing the stalling and no start you are going to need to check each one of these thing starting with the fuel pressure when the problem is occurring in order to determine which you are loosing. If you can do this and post back with the results I will help you determine the cause.