Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

Thunderbird: 2005 FORD TUNDERBIRD 50th AN, FAN ROARING SOUND

Customer Question

2005 FORD TUNDERBIRD 50th AN, FAN ROARING SOUND , LOUD NOISE. WE HAVE CARRIED IT TO PRINCE FORD IN DOUGLAS, GA., WESTGREEN RD., VIDALIA FORD, AND COLEMANS LOCAL SERVICE AND COLEMANS ORDERED ANOTHER FAN AND IT STOPP,,ED IT FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS AND WE HAVE PAID A LOT OF MONEY TO GET IT TO STOP MAKING THE NOISE, BUT IT STILL MAKES A NOISE. PLEASE HELP, MY WIFE DON'T WANT TO GET RID OF IT. WE JUST PURCHASED A F 150 YESTERDAY FROM FORD IN VIDALIA, GA. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU. EMAIL ***@******.***, WIFE CELL(###) ###-####
HAZLEHURST, GA 31539
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,When do you hear the noise - when idling and engine fan running, when accelerating and the noise coincides with increasing speed(rotational)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No most of the time whatever the car is doing, idling, accelerating or and anything else I do, drives me crazy!
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI, Ok, because the noise is heard when idling, that eliminates the wheels, suspension, brakes, drivetrain. There are 2 possible causes - the fan again, or the IAC(idle air control ) valve.If you have the car with you now, go crank it up and pop the hood. When it starts making the noise, unclip and remove the air cleaner housing cover. If the noise is louder at this point, it is the IAC valve. If not, it is the fan again
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want to take my car to a Ford dealership and tell them what you said may be the problem. Unfortunately it will be tomorrow before I can do that. Today is Sunday and they are not open. Thank you for your help. If you would like to speak to me by phone I will be glad to do so.
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,Phone service is additional fee and really dont see a reason for going that route right now. Let me know the results of what the dealer says and we can go from there at that point
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok will do. Thanks again.
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
You are welcome
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.