Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford F 350 Custom: 1989 Ford F350 351 Hit pothole engine

Customer Question

1989 Ford F350 351 CID Hit pothole engine died wilol not start but turns over well. Truck has 50,000 original miles. Inciter was checked not out etc. No spark from coil but may not have good ground. Normally starts immediately and runs well.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you are sure the pick up coil in the distributor is okay the you are going to need to do some testing on the rest of the ignition system. I have enclosed the steps to do so in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20spark%20May%208.pdf