Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I put in a ts six stage performance chip and after installing

Customer Question

I put in a ts six stage performance chip and after installing it my whole dash isn't working including my radio and everything
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: After installing the chip my dash won't work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Taking the chip out and cleaning the terminals for the chip
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can i get the year, make, model, engine?How is this chip installed?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a 01 f250 super duty with a 7.3l it's installed straight to the computer
So you wire this chip into other wires or plug it in between the PCM and PCM connector or plug it in to the data link connector?Will the truck start, can the truck be driven?List all the things not working the radio, you said dash (every single thing on the dash driver to passenger side?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Plug it right into the Pcm it will not start and all my gauges won't work my radio won't my automatic Windows won't it's all won't work
Are fuses 15, 19, 29 under the dash good and powered with the key on?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris