Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2015 Ford Taurus died at red light turns over won't run bell

Customer Question

2015 Ford Taurus died at red light turns over won't run bell chimes and message says check brake system
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist when the engine is off and not running, the abs light will come on and should go off once it starts. can you hear the fuel pump run with the key on??? Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It has push button start and I'm very hard of hearing
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
ok, it is very possible that the fuel pump may not be working. if you have some carb cleaner, spray some into the air filter and see if it starts and stalls. Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm sitting on the side of 146 in Baytown Tx I don't have any tools or carb cleaner
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
ok, then there is not much you can do. it will have to be towed somewhere and have them check the fuel pressure and see if there is any spark. Roy