Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2012 Ford Focus temperature light comes on very quickly when

Customer Question

2012 Ford Focus temperature light comes on very quickly when driving
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Temperature light comes on shortly after driving
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist the first thing I would do is verify coolant level. if that is ok, then start with replacing the thermostat. it may be stuck shut causing it to heat up. Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It may be the thermostat. When I turn the heat on, there's no hot air coming from the vents
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
yes, I would start there