2009 f150 with a floppy steering wheel. Goes up and down side

Customer Question

2009 f150 with a floppy steering wheel. Goes up and down side to side about a half inch. Seams to be a bad bearing. Can I purchase just the bearing or do I have to replace the hole center hub
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The truck steers fine no wobble or shimmy. Just the steering wheel can be moved. There was always a little play in the colum. 1 day there was a whole lot more
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, first I had to learn how to remove the airbag. Its a little tricky
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** this hve tilt steering wheel?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tlim thanks for the response once I removed the Airbag the problem was evident. Whoever did the last alignment did n't torque the steering wheel done
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.
Great, glad you found it, it had to be somewhere in the steering column,Tim