mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Ranger: ! Looking part everybody I talk to says dosent

Customer Question

Hi! Looking for a part everybody I talk to says dosent exist... It is a differential thrust plate that goes into a 2003 ranger fx4 level 2 8.8 31 spline rear axle. To my understanding there was very few made being for a very specific year model and trim line. But I do have a ford workshop manual that shows it and the part number as 4230? Any help in finding this part would be great! Thank you!
Category: Ford
Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 months ago.
what places have you contacted about this part?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I contacted united Ford in Tulsa ok which is a ford parts supplier/warehouse and they have no information or part #s on any ranger axle like that or any 31 spline axle for that matter
you may need to contact a supplier that deals with driveline components. transtar is one or a local rear end shop should have better contacts aswell.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well this is a factory Ford installed part not aftermarket. I find it hard to believe that Ford dosent have a record or an actual part number for it. If you look in the 2003 Ford workshop manual on page 205-02c-2 you will see what I am talking about.. This locker only came in the "high torque" 8.8 rear axles
i understand what you are saying but ford does not manufacture the rear ends in their trucks to begin with so it is all aftermarket with a fomoco stamp on it. and they are only required to hold all listing info for 10 years on vehicles so some stuff gets dropped at that mark.