EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified

I have a 2011 Ford Edge. The only interior light that comes

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Ford Edge. The only interior light that comes on when doors are opened is in the rear and very dim. How do I make the map lights in front(next to rear view mirror) come on when doors are opened?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Thanks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: yes, I hope to fix myself.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.
Hi. On the Edge the only way to turn off and on the interior lights is by using the instrument cluster dimmer switch. If the dimmer switch is turned all the way down, it turns off the interior lights. First, try turning the dimmer switch up. THen let me know if that works.
I see you viewed my response. You do not want to go any further with this? Or did you figure it out?
Thanks for viewing the Experts response. Please leave a positive rating and have a great day.