Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

Ford: I have a 1999 Ford F250 5.4 liter compressed natural

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Ford F250 5.4 liter compressed natural gas pickup that just quit while driving down the road. I quickly ascertained with a can of starter fluid that the vehicle would start when feed fuel. Therefore I knew the fuel from the half full tanks (2 in the bed and one underneath) had gotten shut off someway. I suspected a fuse, but when checking them there were none listed in the owners manual that showed one for the fuel tank shut off solenoids. There was a fuse shown for a "fuel pump" (which the truck does not have) and its position in the fuse panel was filled! i pulled it and it was BLOWN. I replaced it and started the truck. It ran a few seconds and shut off again. I rechecked the fuse and it was BLOWN AGAIN. Obviously there is a short in that circuit somewhere. My problem is that I can't find a wiring diagram or schematic anywhere that shows this circuit. If I had one, I think I could find the short. Most likely in one of the three fuel tank shut off solenoids, since I have not bothered any of the wiring. The truck has worked perfectly for the 6 years I've owned it.
Can you help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 5 months ago.
Hi Mike I can get you the diagram
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! There was a message sent from customer service. Did you still need assistance with this?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating. Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond. I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not. We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.