Derek Werner
Derek Werner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced level specialist
61695331

Ford f150 crew cab: pasenger window wont work. motor works

Customer Question

pasenger window wont work. motor works if hot wired by using grnd from door lock to ye rd,or rd yel. f150 super crew
Category: Ford
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer!My name is***** am a ASE master technician and i will be happy to assist you with your window concern. I will be asking you a series of questions to give you the best possible hep that i can. Is the passenger front window the only window that does not work?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes sir
Ok no problem, it is very likely that a wire is broken at one of the front door to body harnesses. You will need to check both the passenger front door and drivers front door for a broken wire or wires. Pull back on the black rubber boot that covers the wire harness and inspect for any broken or bare wires. This is a very common spot for the wires to break. If no broken wires are found i can help test the wiring for the windows. If you could kindly rate my service it would be very appreciated so i can receive credit, i will continue to work with you even after rated. I get notifications about any other questions you may have. I only strive for excellent service, Thank you for being a great customer.Derek W
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have ohmed wires from mstr door sw to pasenger sw. & all good. i put a new sw in. drivers door , i used rear door sw to chk pas window
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i went thru 5 steps of pinpoint test. im not getting grnd i guess
I would physically look at the wires this is a common problem. If you ohm test the wires the test will pass even if the wire is corroded. all there needs to be is one strand of wire still connected for the ohm test to pass.
i can call you in a few minutes if you like.
I am just about off work for the day.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
google told me that much & i have alredy pulled boots & inspected. i have pulled all plugs & chkd connections.
Ok no problem i just wanted to start with the basics. Access the passenger window switch. Do you have a test light to perform the tests?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
never mind. im gonna take it in.thanks for your info
Ok not a problem, let me know if you change your mind. This is a pretty basic system to test.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please dont call
I wont call, Thanks! I wish you luck with getting the window fixed.