Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

F550: I have a 2009 Ford F550 with the 6.4l Powerstroke engine.

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Ford F550 with the 6.4l Powerstroke engine. Problem I'm having is random powerloss. No lights or any indication of something wrong. Fluid levels are good and air filter is good. If I shut the truck off and restart truck issue goes away for awhile but comes back. When powerloss happens I can stomp on the throttle and it doesn't seem to want to kick down and bring up the boost past 20 psi. Seems like it puts itself in limp mode.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ironmike replied 5 months ago.
greetings, do you have access to a scanner to check for any stored trouble codes? have the fuel filters been replaced lately or checked?
Expert:  Ironmike replied 5 months ago.
If you have the vin# ***** can check for any programing update. There might be a TSB for this symptom. how many miles? has the truck been doing any regeneration or DPF cleaning?