Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2009 Ford Explorer got hit in the back just looking

Customer Question

2009 Ford Explorer got hit in the back just looking for general estimate parts and labor to replace rear plastic bumper
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the car got hit in back plastic bumper is loose and damaged just looking for estimate
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no at a shop just want to see roughly what I would expect in terms of cost
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
Hello a new bumper skin is about $200 and this will then need paint and the old part removal and refitting so I'd estimate the cost as follows: bumper skin $200Paint & consumables $ 100labour to remove, paint & refit 6 to 5 hours - labour rate will obviously vary depending on your location and the garage but there's no need for a Ford dealership or high end bodyshop so some $60 / hour place will work fine
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you