Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon,
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

Excursion: i have a 2000 ford excursion with v10 auto trans

Customer Question

i have a 2000 ford excursion with v10 auto trans*****and its making a grinding noise likes break pad an rotor noise, coming from the transmission it was put in the shop and flywheel, was replace transmission, and torque converter, and it had a scope on motor to make sure it was not motor. it is still making same noise when put into gear. any info would help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 9 months ago.
The noise does it only make it when you shift into gear? And does it make it in reverse and drive
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes in gear and at idle
So thr noise starts the minute the starts and stays constant regardless of the shifter position. Has the end play of the crankshaft been checked, you can do it yourself take a pry bar get behind balancer in between cover and pry the balancer forward and backward your looking for just slight play. Your noise sounds alot like one I had that like to drive us crazy just like yours trans, starter flywheel balancer all been replaced, we even removed the trans ran engine noise was gone, so we loaded the parts cannon whole different trans noise persist. It would up being a thrust bearing on crank beleive it or not lip had broke. Crank would walk the noise was rod hitting block.
But with trans out no load on engine crank would not walk so there was no noise
If I was there we would check if you have to pull oil pan.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It turned out that the t e ch that installed the transmission told by his helper to put trans fluid in and the helper didnt and transmission locked up
Whoa. So it is fixed now
I don't know when you replied to me, they have a mobile app for us to use and it sucks parDon my french. I am here if it doesn't fix it,