Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I havea 2012 Ford F-150.the radio has stopped working I have

Customer Question

I havea 2012 Ford F-150.the radio has stopped working I have no access to Sirius XM CD or the radio the exterior temperature is working and the direction is working the clock flashes 3 times then 2 times then one time last week it made a sound like a speaker up and shut itself down for just a second and then turn back on then it was working fine it actually did that twice
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Has anything after market been wired in or installed on your model here at all? Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello Pete no nothing has ever been installed aftermarket I have always had it serviced at Ford even the oil changed I did check the fuses that had anything to do with the radio and they are fine
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
O.k.,with what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the software in the radio itself and a dealer may need to check and see if they can reprogram it or in some cases the electronics fail in the radio as well and the radio has to be removed and either repaired by an authorized repair facility or removed and replaced for this fault here.One thing you can try if you havent yet is locate and remove all radio and audio fuses for about 5 minutes then reinstall them and see if the radio then works properly from there.If it does not then a dealer will need to check and perform any programming as well as see if it needs repaired or replaced.This may still be an option to be covered under factory warranty to have corrected as well at no cost to you. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay I was trying to avoid the dealership...I will try the pulling the fuses my question would be do I do this why the vehicle is off or on also if I pull the radio out is there a way that I can test it myself thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
You would do this with the key off.If you had a scan tool to check fault codes in the radio this would help you determine if it is the fault for sure here as a code may be set for an internal failure with it.A scan tool is used to monitor the radio signals as well to make sure it is the cause here. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete