Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

C max hybrid: I have a c max hybrid with 45k have had intermittent

Customer Question

I have a c max hybrid with 45k have had intermittent problems since the last several recalls
Where the uploaded soft ware updates
Have to use a key to open door nothing works except interior lights go on
Three weeks ago towed to dealer two days later said battery bad in fob. Only problem I have three fobs none worked .
I have been approached by former owners who have sold their cars because dealers couldn't
Fix problems
My car was an early 13 model could there be early model problems?
It's raining now car dead in drive way
Fob buttons don't do anything open close or lock
Put fob in cradle on steringwheel headlights go on for a second quick whine nothing
No dash lights can't get back hatch open
Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  cardoctor74 replied 7 months ago.
Ok is the vehicles Hybrid battery fully charged and been checked for proper operation?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes the Hybrid Battery has never been a problem, the small starter battery is charged
this is a problem that seems to get worse after I bring it back to a dealer and they update software from recalls.its stopped raining here and I hope after work I can some how get it to a dealer.I have had it do weird things like the mirror light not go offTurn the car off and instead of the radio and dash go off (turn Off) they stay on when I open the drivers door which should close the circuit (turn every thing off)
also strange things something happen when I use the button to open the rear hatch
Ok this sounds like this vehicle has a problem with a shorted body control module or even the ignition switch have any of these been checked?