Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2011 f150 sun roof is stuck open, the motor makes a noise,

Customer Question

2011 f150 sun roof is stuck open, the motor makes a noise, but it won't close
JA: Fortunately, the mechanics here speak car like it's their native tongue. They're great at sussing out engine issues, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just told my previous post
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing but pushing the button to close it
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. If the motor is making noise then its likely the motor is good but the linkage is damaged and can not move so the motor is stuck. Repairing this will require removing the roof opening panel and headliner. Is that something your up to do doing with my Ford instructions?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I forgot to ask which cab you have?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
4 door crew cab
Thanks use the links below. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris