Ironmike, Ford Technician
Experience:  30 years ASE Master tech L1 . Ford master

Car makes a crunching sound when turning or hits bump. the

Customer Question

car makes a crunching sound when turning or hits bump. the sound is int he front. is this something to be concerned about?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
this is a USA ford
Expert:  Ironmike replied 5 months ago.
greetings, How does the vehicle drive down the road/ how are the front tires wearing?
Expert:  Ironmike replied 5 months ago.
it could be front struts/mount plates, lower control arm bushings/ball joints . We should confirm the noise and isolate it. This can be done with help from another person. Try to bounce the front of the vehicle by pushing down on the front bumper. if you can duplicate the noise we can start to look at parts for making the noise.
Expert:  Ironmike replied 5 months ago.
I would open the hood and as the helper bounces the front move your hand or use a hearing device(stethoscope) around on the suspension like the struts(easy to check strut tops with hood open) hood does not need to be open to check the lower ball joints, bushings, tie rod ends. I would also raise the vehicle front and check the wheel bearings for excessive movement.
Expert:  Ironmike replied 5 months ago.
I would be concerned until a visual inspection is done. let me know what you find