Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

Ranger: I have a 2001 ford ranger 3.0 wont start anti theft

Customer Question

I have a 2001 ford ranger 3.0 wont start anti theft light blinks when key is on constantly, pcm will not reprogram keys, do I need to replace the pcm
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! If a Ford tech tried to program the PCM, did't they confirm the PCM needs to be replaced? That person would have had the Ford IDS and software to be able to tell you what is wrong. If the programming is not taking, then yes, the PCM needs to be replaced.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy