Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas

Ford F150: ! I have a 2007 Ford F150 King Ranch V8 Standard

Customer Question

Hi! I have a 2007 Ford F150 King Ranch V8 Standard Fuel Engine. Recently my Electronic AC Control Module stopped working completely and I hear a buzzing noise coming from my fuse box. I opened the Fuse Box and the Noise appears to be coming from Relay 06. I removed Relay 06 and replaced it with another Relay but still no response from the Electronic AC Control Module.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 5 months ago.
Sorry you are having issues with your AC control head. unfortunately this is not the first time I have seen this in a newer F-150. Since you mentioned you hear the popping noise I Would ask that you check Fuse F5 and F13. If you remove the control head from the dash. At connector C228A, the 26-terminal control head connector, verify battery voltage on the Red/White wire in pin 26 at all times from fuse 5 in the inside fuse box.Check for battery voltage on the White/Violet wire in pin 14 with the key on, from fuse 13 in the inside fuse box. Check for a good ground on the Black wire in pin 1, from ground G200, behind the driver side kick panel. If all those check out, then it is time to replace the AC control head. Let me know the results and if you have any other questions. Thank you