Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2000 f-150 it starter and at about 2 to 5 min it dies JA:

Customer Question

my 2000 f-150 it starter and at about 2 to 5 min it dies
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I PUT A NEW FUEL PUMP AND A NEW FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR AND FUEL FILTER
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I PUT A NEW FUEL FILTER A NEW FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR AND A NEW FUEL PUMP
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: AND IS DOING THE SAME THING IT RUN AND THEN TURNED OFF
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 12 months ago.
Hello, what engine is in this 2000 F150? Is the check engine light on when it runs and have you had it checked for codes with a scan tool? Was the fuel pressure low before you replaced the fuel pump and is it good now?